Help after a Hospital Stay
Assistance in Getting Help

Today, when people leave the hospital they may need more care to get well. Some can receive this kind of care at home. Others may require a certain level of care such as that provided in a skilled care facility or nursing home. Skilled facilities provide licensed nursing personnel 24 hours a day and provide the most intensive care available outside of a hospital. Non-skilled facilities offer 24-hour nursing supervision as well as assistance with activities of daily living (ADL’s). Your physician and hospital discharge planner or Continuing Care Department will help you to make plans for home care or nursing home care. For more information please call:

The DHS Info Line at 462-5300 to locate a Regional Long Term Care Office for information and assistance with filing a Medicaid application to help with the cost of care for either a nursing home or home care.

If you have a question or a concern about the quality of care please call:

• The Alliance for Better Long Term Care at 785-3340.

• The Rhode Island Department of Health at 222-2556.

• The Department of Elderly Affairs at 462-3000.

· Site Map   · Contact   · Help   ·
Rhode Island Coat of Arms
A Rhode Island Government Website
Certain website content provided by the Brain Injury Resource Center of Rhode Island